Eastern Washington is one of Washington’s Best Locations for a Wedding & Elopement.
Eastern Washington is One of Washington’s Most Gorgeous Secrets!
When you think of Washington; mountains, rivers, lakes and rocky beaches come to mind. Washington also offers one of the most beautiful deserts. Eastern Washington offers a gorgeous desert. Eastern Washington is only about 2.5-3 hour drive out from Seattle. Some popular areas are Wenatchee, Lake Chelan, Leavenworth, Frenchman Coulee, Vantage, The Gorge Amphitheatre, beautiful waterfalls, trails, hiking, lakes, rock climbing and more. You will see some of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world and experience beautiful oranges, browns, creams, earthy tones that are to die for. Eastern Washington is a perfect place to get married and say I do.
Getting photos taken as a super nervous and awkward couple can be fun.
Hire a professional photographer who you trust.
T&D were super nervous for their engagement shoot and their wedding. They never had professional photos taken and didn’t know what to expect. They told me they felt incredibly uncomfortable in front of a camera. I’m always excited when a couple is willing to share their insecurities with me. BECAUSE I’m so ready to squash those insecurities. I have curated my photography process to help make things as comfortable as possible and fun for your wedding day and your photos.
Trust me when I say if you haven’t gotten professional photos taken before you’re not alone. Most people are pretty unqualified as models. And if you are! Heck yes queen! For us folk who don’t know what to do with our hands and smile awkwardly at cameras. This one’s for you.
Here are 7 ways my photography process helps serve you and squash an awkward couple’s nerves for their wedding day photography.
1. Questions to get to know each other Throughout the booking process and your photography experience with me I ask intentional questions to get to know you and also to serve you the best that I can. I even send a fun Wedding Questionnaire about a month before your wedding to confirm the timeline and details. This is also a great time to hop on a call/video chat to walk through the day again together.
2. Posing & Prompt QUEEN I have tons of poses, techniques and prompts to help lead you through getting your photo taken on your wedding day.
3. Number one hype girl HECK YES! I am your number one hype girl alllllll the way.
4. Experience! This isn’t my first rodeo. I’ve been photographing weddings for over 8 years. I have tons of experience and know how to serve you two the best on your wedding day.
5. Your wedding and memories mean everything to me. I truly mean this. Your wedding day and memories mean the world to me. It’s so important that you have someone in your corner fighting for you and valuing your wedding photos as if they were my own.
6. Inspiration Board We can put together an inspiration board or mood board. This way I can prioritize your vision, wants and needs. Every wedding is so unique and different.
7. Planning and hands on photographer curated process I’ve previously mentioned this However, having an intentional and curated process for you from start to finish is important for serving you the best that I can. That way you’re comfortable, excited and can trust me fully with your photo memories.
At the end of the day you know that you have the best wedding photographer who cares about you two and your wedding day. You know that I will treat your photos like my own wedding day.
The best wedding photographer who cares about your wedding day!
How to take advantage of light on your wedding day.
Taylor & David chose a great time for their ceremony to get gorgeous golden lighting. Their ceremony was scheduled an hour or so before sunset. Which made for some dreamy photos going into cocktail hour and the reception.
Things to keep in mind when deciding times and lighting. Keep in mind where the sun will set on the horizon, the time of sunset, weather and what look you’d like for your photos.
Another fun way to take advantage of the sunset is to schedule more bride & groom portraits about 20-30 minutes before sunset.
Don’t need to restrict yourself to the timeline everyone else does. Have fun with it and chat with your photographer about what time might be best for the wedding photos you’re hoping for.
Where to stay for you and your guests.
One of the pros to getting married out in Eastern Washington is that you and your guest get a little adventure. I recommend communicating with your guests and bridal party on booking a stay nearby the wedding venue. Local hotels and Airbnbs are the best places to rent out when eloping or getting married at a destination. Keep in mind if anyone is traveling from out of state or country they may also want to get a rental car.
Living my best wedding & elopement photographer life!
I’m such a hopeless romantic and so blessed to witness T&D’s love for each other. Even though they were nervous about being awkward they were perfect models. Their wedding was such a blast. I cannot thank them enough for trusting and choosing me as their wedding photographer. I am so happy we have these photos to relive your wedding day for years to come. Congratulations again to you two!
Want more information on booking your wedding photographer?!
Photographer: Rachel Syrisko Photography
Meet the best Elopement and Wedding Photographer based in Washington. Aka, me (Rachel Syrisko). Don’t worry about feeling awkward or finding the perfect spot. Leave the scouting and direction up to me—you just bring your love and a smile.
Yep, I’m the photographer who is not afraid to put on hiking boots to scout out the spot up in the mountains that isn’t already documented on Instagram. I’m the one who makes you cry in the middle of Costco when I send your photo gallery. I’m the one you text random wedding questions to because you KNOW I actually want to (and will) answer.
I will travel anywhere to bring your love into the perfect light.